Live Na'vi

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Na'vi RPG, and the easy way to escape to Pandora.

Training Grounds

Admin
    Admin
    Angtsìka Makto
    Palulukan Makto
    Toruk Makto
    Angtsìka Makto  Palulukan Makto  Toruk Makto

Training Grounds Empty Training Grounds

Post  Admin Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 am

Teachers and their students only. Learn how to hunt, eko, and so much more! (x
    Admin
    Admin
    Angtsìka Makto
    Palulukan Makto
    Toruk Makto

Training Grounds Empty Re: Training Grounds

Post  Admin Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:18 am

Mineya brings along two training spears and gives one to Llanu. "Awve things awve...You must learn how to wield a staff." Mineya shows her how to properly hold it without showing disrepect. They practice walking a few times, until Llanu gets the idea. Mineya then shows her how to address somebody with the proper gestures and words, while still holding the spear. They practice etiquette for the rest of the night, then return home very late.
    (Today, your assignment is to learn more na'vi. Even if you know quite a bit, I want you to know how to post on Nothing But Na'vi Day.)
    Admin
    Admin
    Angtsìka Makto
    Palulukan Makto
    Toruk Makto

Post  Admin Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:52 am

Mineya shows Llanu the hand-forehead gesture. Llanu repeats a few times, before getting it right. "Sìltsan! Now, properly greeting someone. When you come up to a warrior or somebody of a higher rank, always say, 'Oel ngati kameie.' Never do the forehead gesture, for it will offend them. Only do it to those with a lower or equal rank." Mineya tells her numeyu. "When they respond with, 'Oel ngati kameie,' you say 'Smon nìprrte,'. This shows you are respecting them." Mineya repeats it one more time, and tells Llanu to follow.
    (Etiquette lessons are boring, so I'm sorry. But you have to know them to be a Na'vi! Your assignment is to write a 1x5 explaining palulukans. Please PM it to me.)
    Admin
    Admin
    Angtsìka Makto
    Palulukan Makto
    Toruk Makto

Training Grounds Empty Bow and Arrow

Post  Admin Sun May 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Mineya and Llanu arrive at the training grounds; Mineya tosses a beginner's bow and arrow to Llanu, who falls onto the ground. Mineya picks her up, then pulls out her own bow. She holds it in her right hand, then pulls the string back, hand facing out, with her left. Llanu copies perfectly. Mineya nods and releases the string carefully, then teaches Llanu how to quickly attach an arrow. Mineya pulls back, fast, aims, and shoots a knot in a tree right in the middle. She nods to Llanu to try, but Llanu misses terribly. They practice until midnight, when Llanu finally starts getting close to the center. "When can I kill my own meal?" she asks. Mineya wipes her forehead. "When the time comes. For now, continue to work on your form."

(No assignment today. Just work on form in Hometree. Every now and then I'll correct you if your "form" (What you post) is incorrect.)
    Admin
    Admin
    Angtsìka Makto
    Palulukan Makto
    Toruk Makto

Post  Admin Mon May 02, 2011 5:25 am

Mineya and Llanu work on shooting bow and arrows again. Llanu is getting better at accuracy; Mineya decides to set up a dummy yerik. She takes a giant leaf and fills it with dirt, then wraps it and ties it from a tree branch, and swings it to simulate running. Llanu shoots, and hits it in the stomach. "Sìltsan! Not a fatal shot, but still good. Let me patch this up and we'll try again." Mineya fixes the dummy, and Llanu shoots again and again, getting closer to the heart. "Soon you will be able to kill your own meal. But not now...maybe tomorrow." Mineya tells Llanu as she unties the dummy. "Why not now? I think I'm ready!" She protests. Mineya sighs. "You need lots of practice to kill a meal. If you want to try, then let's try." Mineya and Llanu venture out into the wilderness, where Llanu cleanly kills a yerik. Mineya widens her eyes. "Wow. You were ready. Say the prayer...keep this up and you'll be getting your own ikran in no time."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:17 am